Bosayne Guest House
UK, PL34 0DE
Bosayne Guest House is located in Tintagel Cornwall, just a short stroll from the village centre. There is easy access from the SW coastal path and good road network access from the M5. Public transport connections service Tintagel via Bude (north) and Wadebridge (south). Details of each travel route are provided below.
Walking from SW Coastal Path
From South (Port Isaac to Tintagel): Continue to walk past St Materiana’s Church at Glebe Cliff towards Tintagel Castle. Drop down to the road at Castle Visitor Centre then walk up the road to the village. At the junction with the main village road turn left and continue along Atlantic Road until you find Bosayne on the right-hand side of the road.
From North (Boscastle to Tintagel): When arriving at Barras Nose Headland turn left up the footpath towards Camelot Castle Hotel overlooking cliffs. At the top of the path, turn left and walk away from the hotel on the road towards the village. Bosayne is 100m opposite you.
Driving Directions from the M5
- Follow the M5 south then take the A30 towards Okehampton and Bodmin.
- Remain on the A30 until just past Launceston then take the A395 signposted North Cornwall, Wadebridge, Camelford.
- Keep on the A395 through Piper’s Pool and Hallworthy until a T junction with the A39 (Atlantic Highway) at Davidstow.
- Turn right onto A 39 signposted Bude.
- After approximately a mile turn left, signposted Boscastle and Tintagel. Continue for 2.5 miles until you reach a crossroads.
- Continue straight across the junction (approx 3 miles to Tintagel). You will feel as though this road winds on forever, it takes you down into Bossiney.
- You will come to a T junction, turn left towards Tintagel village.
- Drive through the village past the Visitor Centre, shops, King Arthur’s Great Hall, Cornishman Inn, The Woottons. Follow the road as it bends right. Bosayne is on the right just before the sharp left bend and the Headlands Caravan Park. If you come to the Camelot Castle Hotel and a dead-end you have gone 200m too far!
We have a 2.7m wide gravel driveway at the side of the property. This leads to our car park at the rear of Bosayne. The driveway is walled on both sides. Our car park at the rear is small with 4-bays available for guest house customers. We are happy to assist with parking if requested. The car parking bays are operated on an “as available” basis only. Alternative free on-street parking is generally available across from Bosayne towards Camelot Castle Hotel. There is also a public car park within a 200m level walk where overnight parking is permitted and available at a very reasonable price.
Public Transport Details
Local bus routes serve Tintagel. Buses connect from Exeter St David’s or Bodmin Parkway railway stations.
Buses operate Exeter St David’s Station to Bude changing at Bude for Tintagel
Buses operate Bodmin Parkway Station to Wadebridge changing at Wadebridge for Tintagel
For detailed timetables see https://www.transportforcornwall.co.uk/our-timetables